2014 Executive Council Nominations Are Now Being Accepted

Share |

Postby lilyk » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:03 pm

A Message from Phil Beattie, 2014 Nominating Committee Chair

Dear Roasters Guild Member,

The chance to serve on the Executive Council has been a giant source of inspiration to me. It isn’t always apparent from the outside how valuable the work that is done while on the Council is to the individuals that serve. The educational opportunities are unparalleled. Even the most veteran coffee roaster will find new approaches, fresh ideas, and new relationships when thrust into the center of the Guild activities. It has been said that teaching is the best way to learn, and I have experienced that to the fullest in my years volunteering in Roasters Guild activities.

The chance to roast, converse and cup with coffee roasters from every niche and market in the coffee world is humbling and energizing all at once. I strongly encourage Guild members who have already discovered the value of volunteerism to consider taking the next jump by pursuing a place on Executive Council. If you are passionate and driven, the Roasters Guild would greatly appreciate your enthusiasm in the Guild leadership.

Sincerely,
Phil Beattie, Immediate Past Chair, Roasters Guild Executive Council

Nomination Procedures

Executive Council members are elected each spring by the Roasters Guild’s membership to fill vacancies left by outgoing members of the Roasters Guild Executive Council. All members are encouraged to submit names (or themselves) of candidates who would make a valuable contribution to the Guild by serving on the Executive Council. Any SCAA or Roasters Guild member is eligible to nominate a Roasters Guild member. Each Executive Council member serves a two-year term. Terms start at a mandatory Roasters Guild Executive Council meeting that is scheduled the day after the Specialty Coffee Association of America's Annual Exposition (April), and end two years later, at the end of the SCAA Exposition.

If you feel the nominee fits the criteria below, please fill out the Nomination Form for consideration: https://specialtycoffee.wufoo.com/forms ... ions-2014/

Executive Council members must fulfill the following criteria:

• Must be employed by a member of the SCAA
• Must be a member of the Roasters Guild and in good standing
• Fulfill strategic & fiduciary oversight of the Roasters Guild
• Must attend and actively participate in Executive Council meetings, including regular quarterly meetings and other meetings as determined by the RGEC
• Must be willing to Chair or actively support one of the primary committee’s of the RGEC
• Must Volunteer at The SCAA Event and Retreat each year

For more information, please review the Roasters Guild bylaws here. There are four (4) open seats on the Executive Council for 2013. Nominees will be announced January 14, 2013.
lilyk

First Name: Lily
Last Name: Kubota
City: Long Beach
State: CA
Zip Code: 90802
Company: SCAA

Return to “%s” Executive Council Elections